As the situation surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to unfold, we want to assure you that the safety, health, and wellbeing of our guests, crew, and associates remain our number one priority at SAIL BAJA ADVENTURES. We have been closely following and adhering to the guidelines and recommendations issued by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC); there have been no reported cases of COVID-19 in none of our Boats.
In light of this global emergency and heightened travel restrictions across several countries, including the most recent U.S. travel restriction, we temporarily closed our Nautical Tourism activities on board ZIG ZAG and Blue Lagoon between March 2020 until June, 2020 as part of our continued efforts to mitigate the spread of the virus. We will reopen our service and welcome guests as soon as the local authorities authorize it. At this time, we wanted to reassure you of our continued commitment to work with you through this time.
If you booked a tour with us and made a deposit we will make sure you are fully refunded in case the port remains closed by the date of your tour or if you have any inconvenience and cant make it to your trip due to the sanitary contingency. For further details please contact us at 624.1577838 / English 624.1913368 , directly through our website or emails email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com. If you booked through a third party, please reach out to your concierge or travel advisor to discuss your booking.
With growing concerns around the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic, we will continue to follow the lead of public health authorities and the national government at this important time. We will continue to monitor this situation closely. Our hearts and thoughts go out to the people who have been affected by this unprecedented event. We appreciate the healthcare workers, local communities, and governments who are on the front lines working to contain the coronavirus.
You can continue to visit this page for any updates on re-opening and promotions. Thank you for your understanding and your support. We all look forward to welcoming you again soon!
PROTOCOLS, PROCEDURES, AND PREVENTIVE MEASURES
At SAIL BAJA ADVENTURES the health and safety of our guests and crew members is truly important. For over 12 years we have proudly welcome our guests the highest quality service in an exceptionally sanitary environment.
We now find ourselves in a new world due to COVID-19. As we move forward and begin to welcome our guests and crew back to our boats, the journey will be further tailored with precautionary hygiene protocols directed by the local health organizations and government authorities. You are our family, and we remain resolute in striving to continually provide to you our guest the best experiences through our heartfelt service.
At SAIL BAJA ADVENTURES we have implemented the following precautionary measures, in accordance with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and local and national health authorities:
- Guest & Employee Health: Antibacterial hand-sanitizing stations will be placed throughout all areas of the boat. In additional signage reminding everyone of important health and hygiene protocols such as handwashing and physical distancing among our guests and the crew.
- Employee Protocols: Our crew has received training on our enhanced protocols, in addition to training on identifying any flu or virus-like symptoms and following a firm procedure on reporting to a medical official. In addition to ongoing training, employees will be closely monitored for any symptoms (including a temperature reading) on a daily basis, and will be required to wear the appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) based on their roles and responsibilities.
- Cleaning Protocols and Sanitation:We use biodegradable cleaning products with standards that meet EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens. We have increased the frequency of deep-cleaning and disinfecting all common areas with an emphasis on high-contact surfaces such as door handles, handtrails, bathrooms,, tables dining surfaces, seating areas, and more. This includes our snorkel gear and water toys such as tubes and paddle boards disinfection prior to the arrival of our guests. *As a cautionary measure New snorkel tubes will be provided to each guest to take with by the end of your tour and guests should bring their own towels.
- Physical Distancing: Guests and crew are instructed to practice physical distancing at all time.
- Guest Experience: Every step of the guest journey has its own set of defined protocols that will ensure the safety and wellbeing of our guests and crew members, while maintaining the level of service that you have come to expect.
*At the time of your arrival the crew will welcome you wearing their PPE (personal protective equipment),. Prior to boarding the boat the crew will take your temperature, you will also be asked to step on a mat with a sanitizing solution and then remove your shoes which will be placed in a basket. Antibacterial Gel will be offered to be applied in your hands and you will be invited to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.*
Weiver and Medical form will be provided to be signed on board.